Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The first Tri...


Ok, so... I am 13 weeks pregnant. Because my doctor (and many others) advised me not to announce my pregnancy until the first trimester was over, I haven't started this blog until now. But... here is an update on how it's gone so far...

Rob bought a pregnancy test when I was a week late. We saw two lines, and I did a little dance and ran around the living room. We were definitely pretty excited. It was a about a month until our wedding, so I was pretty stressed, but happy nonetheless. We had decided that we were going to "try" because we've heard that it takes some couples a few months(or longer) to get pregnant. It only took us one time. Go us.

At week six I felt very nauseous, but even more fatigued. I slept for 12 hours one night and woke up feeling like I hadn't gotten any sleep. The best way I can describe the fatigue is: HEAVY.

I went to my PCP (that's Primary Care Physician) and he prescribed a prenatal vitamin. I was dry heaving but I knew I needed to nourish the tiny fetus but I also was nauseous so I wasn't hungry. It's such an awful, strange combination of feelings.

The wedding was awesome. Perfect. Gorgeous weather and gorgeous people. We went to Cabo for our honeymoon and that was great, too... we did a ton of lounging by the pool and some great snorkeling.

The past few weeks, post-wedding, have been good, and my nausea has gone down a bit. But it still lurks and I've put on a few pounds.

Above is the 9 week ultrasound. I rotated the image to show a better perspective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home