Ultrasound 2


The last ultrasound was amazing. They used a newer sonograph machine with much better resolution than the first one. I heard the baby's heartbeat and it was so neat. It was amazing how much the fetus was moving around. Very active! Then it kind of settled into an area of my uterus and the nurse said it was "lounging" with its feet up against the opposite wall. (Check out the photo-you can totally see the foot up there!) So this thing is really growing inside me! They also did a test called a NT (Nuchal Translucency) which tests for Down's Syndrome and other birth defects. They measure the area on the back of the neck using the ultrasound, and then they couple that with special blood tests to determine a probability. Obviously a healthy baby is our number one concern, so we were delighted to hear that the results were negative. Go baby, GO!!

2 Comments:
That is one good lookin' ultrasound!! Congrats to both of you. I couldn't be happier!!!!
I think it looks like Rob. I'm not surprised your baby is just chillin'; good to see it will take after you both!
Post a Comment
<< Home