Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving 2006



Today Rob and I are spending Thanksgiving up in Boston with robs mom Kathy, and his brother Rich. We ate at about 2:00, and I even tried a bit of turkey (it's been over a year with no meat!). I made the mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce, and I must say both came out delish...

But anyway, sticking with the Baby blog theme, I am very grateful today to have my health, and to be having the opportunity to bring a child into this world. I have to admit, for a while the idea scared me because I think our world has so many areas of destruction and negativity (global warming, climate shifts, war, oil peak approaching). But, I also can't help but feel like the world is a beautiful place full of wonderful things and especially wonderful souls in our friends and family. I look forward to Rob and I doing a good job of parenting, applying the right amount of balance between letting our child explore its' wonder about the world, while also protecting it from any harm.... It both excites and overwhelms us.

Anyway, happy Thanksgiving 2006! There is much to be grateful for.
.

2 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't tell you how excited we are that you two are preggers! i love it! you will need to tell me what colors the nursery will be so i can make you something! ; ) byt the way, we are finally the proud owners of ONE house! we closed on the other! did you guys get your house in new paltz!? i hope so! anyway, happy thanksgiving and we will see you two soon! ; )

 
At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I worked with a woman who was a vegan turned vegetarian and hadn't eaten meat in like 10 years, maybe longer. She got pregnant and started eating cheeseburgers from McDonalds because "that's what the baby wanted". You'll probably be eating a like steak in 2 months.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home