Many firsts with friends and family





Maryn has grown so much in the past two weeks! On the 1st of July, Ali and Dan came in from California to stay with us, and we all had an amazing time. Maryn absolutely loved her first "Dance of the Hummingbird" with Ali as well as her first trip to the beach. She was a good girl, and even wore her first pair of shades! We had an awesome 4th of July party. The ridiculously amazing Red Bank fireworks, which attracted 160K people this year were on display right above our new shiny red deck. Jeff and Jackie, Brendan and Becca, Ali, Dan, Danielle, Drew, Jon Heinrich and Andrew all joined us for our first annual shindig. I even enjoyed a few cocktails myself for the first time in about 10 months! (Don't worry, I pumped so Maryn could have a bottle ). Last Friday night after work we headed up to Boston to see Grandme, and Maryn slept the whole way. Maryn had a great time lounging and Rob and I even went on a date on Saturday night. We saw "Knocked Up" and it was hilarious. Then Sunday we traveled further north up to New Hampshire to visit with my dad and more family time. Maryn went out for her first dinner, but she wasn't so good :(. We think she wanted to sit at the table with us but was a little frustrated that she couldn't. We also put her feet in her first body of water and she screamed! On the way back from NH, she was SOOO good! She slept the entire 6 1/2 hour way, with a stop in Northhampton MA for a quick lunch for all of us. Maryn has also been mastering the art of smiling lately. I have to say there really is nothing in the world like having your baby smile back at you. Breathtaking.

2 Comments:
Finally! I was getting a little withdrawal from the Maryn updates. I'd like to put in a request for some more tummy-tickle videos...so cute!
Wow what a gorgeous smile Miss Maryn has!!! Mark and I are sooo excited to see finally see her this Sept.
We miss you guys and love you and your little fartblossom - even though we have yet to meet her face to face, we know any combination of you two is nothing short of perfect!
XOXO,
Sara & Mark
Post a Comment
<< Home