Saturday, April 21, 2007

Maryn's Spring Breath...


Rob and I are now birthing class graduates. In three classes which met the past three Wednesdays, we learned all about what's to come with a hip nurse named Chitra. She was great, and we feel pretty ready for the big day. I hope Rob will be a good coach!
I had another visit with Dr. Callipari yesterday. It went well. He did a pelvic exam and told me that I was still a few weeks from delivering. He also did another ultrasound and saw her "beautiful beating heart" and said "look she's breathing". Hearing those words while being able to see her lungs working was a really beautiful moment which I will always remember.
Also, for those of you who are not sure, Maryn's name will be pronounced "muh-RIN" with the accent on the second syllable which rhymes with Corinne, as opposed to MAR-in which rhymes with Karen or Taryn.
In other news, tonight will be the last night that Rob and I sleep in the Brooklyn apt. We are making the final move tomorrow after my last game vs. Monmouth. Finally I get to sleep on a real bed instead of a mattress on the floor!!
It is SO wonderful that spring FINALLY truly hit our region this weekend! Everyone is in such good spirits.
(Pictured is a totally cool tree on our street)

2 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck moving the last of your stuf! we miss you a whole bunch and can't wait for the arrival of mis maryn! : ) (don't forget to send your new addy!)

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

very poetic message full of good vibes...think it is a sycamore tree, eye-catching! wanna see it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home