Thursday, December 07, 2006

BLOOD


Lately Rob and I have been watching the show, Dexter, on Showtime. I must say we have grown quite addicted. It's about a serial killer/blood analyst who works for the Miami Police Department. For his job he analyzes blood spatter at homicide locations, and in his spare time he murders people by cutting them apart. You could say he kind of has a blood fetish, although fetish implies sexual and he's not like that. The people he murders are not innocent and have usually killed others themselves. It's a great show and stars Michael C. Hall (David from Six Feet Under). Last night was the most bloody episode. The Miami PD are trying to track down a serial killer dubbed "the ice truck killer" whose victims have been left perfectly severed into pieces, but have no blood left in or around them. This makes it very difficult for Dexter to worh with, yet it totally intrigues him. So it turns out that the ice truck killer kept his 5 victims' blood and proceeded to dump it all over a hotel room. TOTALLY GROSS!! It even made the usual blood-loving Dexter throw up and it sent him into a massive panic attack...
But anyway... This IS supposed to be a baby blog! Onto the connection. Today I saw my doctor and while glancing through my charts he literally said to me "Have I told you yet that you have gorgeous blood?". I laughed out loud because the visions from the episode last night were still stuck in my head. Gorgeous blood. That was definitely a first. Then a new, younger nurse took (yet another) blood sample and it kinda spurted all over my arm and onto the floor. YICK.
Well that's all for the blood stories. I also saw baby again on the sonograph and it waved at me. Dr. C said baby had great eyes and a very strong heartbeat. Maybe baby will have gorgeous blood like his mama...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home