Monday, January 15, 2007

Weekend in Philly



This weekend was another action packed one! On Saturday morning my assistant Jessie and I drove down to Philly for the National Lacrosse Convention. We each attended various lectures all day, picking up tips from some of the best coaches in the game. The last one I went to was a live field demonstration of some practice situations. Towards the end, every time the woman blew her whistle the baby reacted with a kick or punch... Hysterical!

I had a very nice lunch with my own coach (from Rutgers), we talked about life and having kids and coaching. She is such an awesome person. She has always been brutally honest and open with me and I am so glad we are still close. I wonder if I will maintain that kind of relationship with any of my kids...

After the convention I drove home and watched the Eagles game with my mom and Brynne. It was a good game, but very sad that the Eagles couldn't pull through. The next day the three of us went to an awesome brunch for Brynne's sixteenth birthday, and we were joined by my aunt Barbara and cousins Matt and Mark. I truly "ate for two", stuffing my face with Belgian waffle pieces and chocolate chip challah French toast and crab eggs Florentine and lots more. YU UH UM!!

Next my mom, Brynne and I went to Crate and Barrel where I bought a new couch for the house. SO exciting! It's a sleeper so Rob and I will be able to sleep there until we get our bed moved. I also bought Rob a chair and ottoman in the softest material ever in a chocolate brown color.

And finally, before heading back to Brooklyn, I went to Holly's to hang out with my little munchkin nieces. It's just mind-boggling that they can keep getting cuter and cuter each time I see them.

Now I'm back at home, lounging with Rob and about to head into work. All my kids are coming back today, classes begin tomorrow and then practice begins next Monday. CRAZY BUSY TIMES AHEAD!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home