Pregnancy Q and A

I thought I would list the most common pregnancy questions that I get asked, and also my answers to them.
1. "How are you feeling?" I feel great. 2nd semester "glow" and energy seem to be fading, and are being replaced with heaviness and the fatigue is creeping back (waking up early each morning for practice doesn't help with that!). But I will say it is so amazing to feel the baby moving around so much of the day. Rob and I have been playing her lots of music through her fetal microphone!
2. "Do you get any weird cravings?" Well, that depends if you think ICE CREAM and SPECIAL K are weird foods. No, not eaten together, but I definitely have been obsessed with consuming both! Ben and Jerry's Mint Chocolate Cookie is just heavenly. I've had to ban myself from it. Last week I ate a whole pint in one sitting. OUCH. I'm now trying to go one week on, two weeks off with the Ice Cream. Wish me luck.
3. "Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?" See previous post. This question is usually immediately followed by "Have you picked out any names?". YES! Our baby's name will be MARYN FRANCE MARSCHER. Maryn is pronounced like Marin County in California, which is one of the most beautiful places in America that Rob and I have ever visited. Shout out to best friends Dan and Ali who reside there! The name also means "of the sea". Pretty, huh?
4. "How many months are you?" Well, I guess I am now somewhere between 5 and 6 months. 25 weeks today to be exact.
Oh and the most common phrase I would have to say is " you don't look fat, you look pregnant." TOTAL LIARS!! I'm totally fat!!! :)
And also, one more thing. When people say "It's ok, you're eating for two", I think that's total crap. I am a full grown adult, but the baby weighs not even a pound! ONE POUND! She might need 100 calories if that in order to sustain herself, so I really don't EVER buy that "eating for two" bit. Hogwash! I'm just a bottomless pit.

4 Comments:
I eat pints of ice cream and I'm DEFINITELY eating for 2.
You look great! Marin County really is spectacular. Dan and I walked from our front door to a Super Bowl party in Muir Beach on Sunday. It took us about an hour and a half. It was sunny and 65 degrees. Just glorious! I'm sure Maryn will be glorious as well. By the way, I just have to say that that was the best half time show ever! Prince rocked it in the purple rain! Damn he's funky!
I didn't really pay much attention to the game.
That's a lovely name; it's unique without being obnoxious like many "unique" names these days: Apple, Orange, Pickle, Moxie Crimefighter (although I like that last one).
On being fat: enjoy it while you can. Being pregnant is a great excuse to be a chubby, ice-cream eating, big-booty mama without being accused of being just fat and lazy. Plus your boobs will be getting so big soon that no one will be looking at anything else. Enjoy it while you can!
you look beautiful! don't let anyone else tell you different!
boogie on is on the radio! it always makes me think of you!
i loooooovve the name! Maryn! so pretty! can't wait to meet her!
love you guys!
Post a Comment
<< Home